Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Day 31, Wednesday, November 30, 2016, Matagorda Bay Nature Park, TX, Day 11

Matagorda Madness Beer Exchange
Wednesday, November 30, 2016, Matagorda Bay Nature Park, TX, Day 11, 0 Miles, 2,105.1 Miles For the Trip

It never really cooled off last night, only down to 65°F by morning. Still, 65°F feels lots cooler than 75°F, particularly with the increased wind (which in no longer coming off the Gulf, which means sitting on the picnic table and door side of my trailer was in the middle of it).

I finished Vodka , by Boris Starling, an interesting novel about Moscow during the downfall of communism. I also read a short novel by Joe R. Lansdale Freezer Burn by an author I haven't read before. A Texas author writing in the style of some of the Florida novelists I like.

I made a quick walk around the campground to photograph some of the new arrivals, then headed to the beer exchange. For those that haven't been to one, the idea is to bring six pack of a local craft beer, and exchange bottles or cans with each other to collect a variety of brews. I brought a split six pack, three bottles of Bear Naked Amber from the Adirondack Brewery, and three of Allagash White, my favorite white beer form Portland, Maine. I got a collection of different beers that I'll spend the next couple of days trying. I spent the rest of the evening talking with some of the people I've never actually met, but feel like I know because of contacts through the Escape Forum.

Since the Matagorda madness Rally doesn't "officially" start until tomorrow, I'll wait until then to start a rally web page, but I'll include some photos of the beer exchange. You can see more of them & the campground photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

While there were plenty of snacks at the beer exchange, I did make a quick dinner when I got back to the trailer - a chicken patty sandwich & a salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment