Thursday, July 3, 2014

Collier Memorial State Park, OR, Day 2 & Crater Lake National Park

Crater Lake National Park, OR
Thursday, July 3, 2014, Collier Memorial State Park, OR, Day 2 & Crater Lake National Park - 0 miles, 12,217.7 For the Trip

A late morning. It was fairly cool overnight, and around 52°F in the trailer at 7:00AM. So, I stayed under the covers until 8:30. To make up for a late start I decided to make a serious breakfast; bacon & eggs. I looked a little silly using the Clinometer HD app on my iPad to level the grill, but it pays off, particularly when you make scrambled eggs or pancakes.

I drove to Crater lake National Park for a couple of photos. For the first time in many trips to Crater Lake, the East Rim Drive was open. While I didn't drive all the way around the lake, I did get to see sections I haven't visited before. There are a couple of waterfalls, but the photographs are lousy - too much sun. You really need a cloudy or overcast day (or good shadows) to shoot waterfalls. In any case, I took a few. Met a ranger that is a photographer - his website is Great Basin Photography. Check it out. Met another photographer at the falls & walked back to the parking area with him & his wife. I tried to find his website but either got confused with his name or the description, so I can't post a link.  More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Since I had a good sized breakfast & lunch, dinner was a simple sandwich. Time for a shower & a bit of relaxation (not that I've been working hard!)

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment