Sunday, July 14, 2013

Screw Auger Falls, Grafton Notch State Park, VT

Upper Screw Auger Falls, Grafton Notch State Park, VT

Day 34, July 14, Barrewood Campground, Westfield, VT - 155.3 Miles, 3293.4 For the Trip

I got a late start today from sitting around listening to the Sunday morning puzzler on NPR. I love to listen, do it along with who ever wins for the week, but have never entered it. I left the campground around 9:30 (didn't have any trick or treaters last night) and headed towards NY. I decided I'm going to take US 11 to get across the top of NY, so I'm heading north. The GPS routed me along 118 & VT 5 rather than VT 26, the road I followed to get to Oxford. A pretty road, and at least parts were in better shape than 26. I got back on 26 at Bethel. I stopped for a few photographs of two sections of Screw Auger Falls at Grafton Notch State Park, and a huge hotel or whatever in the middle of nowhere along the way. I ran into a couple of detours but they were well marked, so no problems.

I stopped for the night at the Barrewood Campground in Westfield, VT. While my site doesn't have a number, it is one of the nicest of the trip. Not only shade, but a brook running next to the site. In one of the photos of the brook you can see the trailer. There is also a waterfall just behind the site. I hiked up to it and took a couple of photos. Would have been better if the logs weren't in the middle of the falls, but that's nature.  Other photos at today's Lakeshore Images page.

When I went into a store for milk, a steak & a piece of corn jumped into my basket (along with far too much other junk) so that's what is for dinner.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment