Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Windy Day

Today's Photo - Chimney Bluffs State Park, NY
















Although not a destination state park (no campground, etc) Chimney Bluffs is interesting because of the structures the wind & waves have left along the shoreline of Lake Ontario.  An interesting stop along the Seaway Trail.


I'm posting this under generator power.  Yesterday it hit 55°F, but by evening it was down to the 30°'s and the wind started to pick up.  The power went off around 1:30AM, and is still out as I type (10:04AM).  Since it is now down to 20° and the wind is a steady 15mph gusting to 40+, I'm glad for both the wood stove & generator.  


We put in a 15 Kilowatt stand by generator a couple of years ago - My wife was on an oxygen concentrator for the last couple of years of her life, and National Grid was/is not the most reliable utility in the country.  According to their outage map, the power will be back on at 8:15AM! A recheck of the map now says 11:30AM.


It is larger than I actually needed - the supplier made me a deal I couldn't refuse on going to a whole house system rather than the typical installation where only a couple of circuits are on the generator.  It runs on natural gas, so there isn't the problem I had with stale gas in my previous generator.


Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment