Monday, November 25, 2019

Day 34, Sunny Flats Forest Service Campground, Portal, AZ, Day 3

Cave Creek Road at 7500'
An even colder night, 29°F at 6:30AM. While the sun warmed things up, since Sunny Flats is in a valley surrounded by steep mountains, the amount of direct sunlight is limited. The sun doesn't directly hit my solar panels until around 10:00AM. Still, enough to fill the batteries from last night's 37 amp hour decline to full by 1:30. I love the charge rate of lithium batteries!

Around noon I got bored sitting around & drove to Rustler's Park. Quite a drive on a one lane dirt road (although one that was in very good shape - passenger vehicles had no problems with it). I did hit snow at 7500'. It wasn't deep where I stopped for the photo, but in the shade it was 4"-6" deep. I did manage to cover the newly washed truck with lots of very sticky mud.  More photos along Cave Creek Road at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After I returned to the campground, I sat outside in the 59°F sun and read. I finished Martin L. Shoemaker's The Last Dance, a readable SiFi; much better than most of the "junk" I've downloaded for free from Kindle & Amazon.

I decided to make lunch dinner, and grilled a chicken thigh. I really like the new Weber Q1000 grill. While it would have been nice to spend the $40.00 more or so for the Q2000 which has tables & a thermometer, I didn't want the tables, and have been able to do without the thermometer.

So, lunch was a chicken thigh & snap peas. I would have added the last of the salad, but unfortunately, it was too wilted to be consumable.

Dinner will be cheese & crackers.

Until Next Time - 

No comments:

Post a Comment