Thursday, November 7, 2019

Day 18, Lake Somerville State Park, Birch Creek Unit, TX

Site 38
How do you know you're in Texas? The speed limit on the 2 lane road without shoulders changes from 55 MPH to 75 MPH! Most of today's 234 miles was on 2 lane roads, with a few sections that were 4 lane. A bit longer than my usual 150 - 200 mile drive, but I wanted to try a new campground.

I'm in site 38, an electric & water site for $24.00 per night ($20.00 for the site & a $4.00 park entry fee). A very large site with some pretty colored berries on a nearby bush and its own herd of deer. Berry & deer photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I definitely drove through the cold front that was approaching Louisiana. My first stop for gas was comfortable in a tee shirt, while my second stop in College Station, TX was windy & cold even with a flannel shirt. Rain most of the trip. Right now, at 4:30, it is 57°F with a light wind, but no rain.

I relaxed after the drive for a bit, then started today's journal & dinner.

Dinner was Barber Chicken & Broccoli & mashed potatoes.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment