Sunday, November 10, 2019

Day 21, South Llano River State Park, Junction, TX

Site 42
I woke up to screaming kids at 7:00AM, not that it made much of a difference since that is the time I do my first morning eye drops. After breakfast I did some forum reading while enjoying my morning coffee, then packed up the trailer. On the way out of the park I dumped the trailer tanks. I could have gone longer since they were only 1/2 full, but the dump station was on the way out & empty.

Close to 300 miles today, however 50 of that was a mistake. I put the wrong campground into the GPS, and didn't realize I was going the wrong way until I passed part of the Texas A &M campus tthat I passed on the way to Lake Somerville campground. Other than that, an uneventful drive on various Texas secondary 2 lane roads (with 70 MPH speed limits). The last ten miles heading west was on I 10.

I'm in site 42, a back in electric & water site that is level enough that I didn't need to unhook. The picnic table has a roof & is behind the site, and the restrooms are next door. $25.00 for the night. While there is free admission to Texas parks today, it doesn't count if you are staying overnight.

I chatted with a couple that are towing a 17' Casita with a Toyota FJ Cruiser & showed them the Escape. While they liked the size, they are not interested in giving up the FJ Cruiser; I don't blame them.

By the time I finished setting up the trailer it was dinner time.

Dinner was a couple of Hot Pockets Garlic Chicken White Pizzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment