Friday, November 8, 2019

Day 19, Lake Somerville State Park, Birch Creek Unit, TX, Day 2

Light rain & cold! The high today was 50°F. While the rain stopped around 2:00PM, it is still kinda raw out. Also lonely. I knew that there would be plenty of sites available when I checked the Texas Reserve America site, but other than the host, I'm not sure there is anyone in the Post Oak loop. Of course I do have my deer herd. A 6 point buck joined the group this afternoon.

I spent the day reading. I was going to head for the showers, but while the bathroom MAY be heated, it can't be set for more than 50°F or so. Tomorrow is suppose to be 10 degrees warmer than today, so I'll wait until then.

Since the rain stopped, I did a walk around the loop. I dropped off a bag of trash at the dumpsters, and on the way around the loop noticed that most of the sites have a red "R" indicating that they are reserved. I suspect it only means that they are reservable, since they are all empty. In any case, I'm it for the loop. Since it is a long weekend, maybe they will all show up tonight!

Dinner was a Banquet Chicken Fajita Mega Bowl. I used my electric corkscrew to open a bottle of Silk & Spice wine. I laughed at a friend for using one, but I have to admit that it is much easier than the old fashion corkscrews, and I'm hooked. As to the Fajita Bowl, it won't go high on my "to buy" list, but it was editable.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment