Monday, January 28, 2019

Day 177, Monday, January 28 , 2019 - Dome Rock BLM, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 2

A Couple of Cactus & Dome Rock
Monday, January 28 , 2019 - Dome Rock BLM, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 8,094.7 Miles for the Trip

A warm night, only getting down to 44°F, and it is already up to 72°F at 1:00. A few hazy clouds in the sky, but the solar is doing OK flat on the roof. I did dig out the portable panel, mostly because I wanted to repack it after just throwing it in the truck for the move. Since it is out, I'll leave it hooked up while here, but just before connecting it I was getting 8 amps of charging from the flat mounted rooftop panels so I could probably get away without it.

My morning walk is a bit rougher here at Dome Rock. While there are roads, they are not as smooth as those at the LTVAs. The scenery is more interesting, so I also get off the roads more often. After breakfast I took another walk around the area & took a few photos, the rest of which can be seen at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After lunch, I did some reading (current book is Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle's The Mote in God's Eye) outside in the shade of my hooded chair. I've read the sequels to it, but strangely enough, never read the original, considered by Robert Heinlein as "Possibly the best science fiction novel I've ever read". Enough sun that I even ran the trailer awning out, something I rarely do.

After my afternoon eye drops, I headed to Quiet Times to pick up a couple of packages, and made a stop at the Roadrunner Grocery Store. Back at the trailer I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon sitting outside reading, and watching the hummingbirds at the feeder.

Since I microwaved a Eating Well Chicken & Wild Rice Stroganoff dinner for lunch (I do wish their excellent packaged meals could be cooked in an oven so I didn't need to microwave them early enough in the day so the solar panels can refill the batteries), dinner was a simple wrap & applesauce.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment