Monday, January 14, 2019

Day 163, Monday, January 14 , 2019 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 38

Monday, January 14 , 2019 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 38 - 0 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the Trip

We seem to have alternating weather. Today was mostly heavy clouds, with a prediction of overnight rain. The area is getting crowded; 3 more RVs moved into our area, and many more in the areas next to us. We had a couple of large class A's that pulled in and felt that someone that was in a smaller class C that was here first should move so they could park where they wanted. By the way, a couple of rangers came out and talked to the guy with the German Shepard. I think they convinced him that if he wanted to stay in the park, he had to keep his dog on a leash.

Lynda talked with the rangers afterwards, and they don't really have a plan for dealing with those already here once the shutdown ends. They are hoping people will show up at the offices once they open & pay for the time they were here, but there since there hasn't been any kind of records of when people arrived, they will have to take folks at their word. At $40.00 for 2 weeks, I'd hope people will be honest about using the place...

Today was laundry day. I was hoping that it was early enough before the Big Tent event that it wouldn't be too crowded, but no such luck. No problem getting a couple of washing machines, but long lines waiting for dryers. I finally got one (but really needed 2), tossed some extra quarters to make it run more than my usual 40 minutes, then headed for a shower. For the first time in years, I had to wait for a shower! Things calmed down by the time I got out of the shower, and I was able to split my load between two dryers. It still was a long morning.

Back at the trailer I made the bed & put the laundry away. I don't plan on doing laundry again until well after the show. I sat outside for a bit, but by 5:00 it had cooled off enough that I made dinner.

Dinner was a New York Strip Steak, a spinach & noodle Knorr's side.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment