Thursday, January 17, 2019

Day 166, Thursday, January 17 , 2019 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 41

Overflowing Dumpsters
Thursday, January 17 , 2019 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 41 - 0 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the Trip

On my walk this morning I took the trash to the dumpsters. I don't know if it is just the increased number of RVs here at La Posa West, or the money to pay to dump the dumpsters has run out, but all 4 are overflowing. I took a photo. On the rest of the walk I wandered by a large Class A from Hawaii. A bit unusual, but I talked with the owners, and they store it in LA, fly over to drive around the other 49 states.  A photo of the plate is on today's LakeshoreImages page.

I did some updating of my retirement spreadsheet as well as my bills spreadsheet, moving everything into 2019. After lunch, I spent some of the afternoon adding a couple of 12V receptacles to Mel's 24' "sticky" trailer (it came with none). I have to say that after working on it the construction techniques & quality is a long way from what you find with fiberglass trailers. Even Scamp, the least expensive currently built fiberglass trailer is much better built & designed than the one I worked on. Of course, since it cost close to the same &the stick built is almost twice the size, one would expect some degradation of quality, but there are wiring problems, fixtures that were quoted by the dealer as LED that are incandescent, a TV cable that doesn't seem to be connected to anything, and comes through the same hole as the 120V receptacle next to it. Another piece of Romex (a 120V wire) is pinched between the trailer & chassis. I could go on...

Anyway, we managed to add 2 12v receptacles. After a well deserved beer & sitting around enjoying what was left of the day, I headed back to the trailer for dinner.

Dinner was a salad & Tapioca pudding. By the way, I forgot to add last night's dinner, which was a turkey sandwich & applesauce.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment