Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Day 87, Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - Leasburg Dam State Park, NM

Site 29
Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - Leasburg Dam State Park, NM - 95.8 Miles, 5,625.4 Miles for the Trip

No rush to get out of Faywood Hot Springs since I was only planning to drive around 100 miles to Leasburg Dam State Park. On the other hand, if I left early enough, there was a chance of getting a site with hookups, a good idea for today since the clouds are pretty heavy, and predicted to hang around.

Most of the times I pulled into the Leasburg Dam after 12:00, the non reserved sites were gone. I pulled out around 9:30, and did find a small, back in site available for one night that required unhooking & parking the truck next to the trailer. I'm in site 29, an almost level electric & water site with a shaded picnic table a short walk to the bathrooms & showers.

As I pulled in, I discovered an Escape 21 parked in site 27. They are a full time couple that have been following my blog. They are staying in New Mexico long enough to make the out-of-state pass worth the $225.00 they charge (Only $100.00 for residents over 62). With that, I believe dry sites are free & sites with hookups $4.00/$8.00 per night. I almost made enough stays this year to make it worth it, but didn't get the ticket.

After setting up I read for awhile, visited next door, then headed to Walmart to restock the refrigerator. I hoped to find El Monterey Chicken, Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese Empanadas, since I found them in the Las Cruces Walmart last time I was here, but no luck. While El Monterey still lists them on their web site & refers you to the nearest Walmart to buy them, I haven't seen them in over a year.

Dinner was a thin crust frozen pizza.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment