Friday, August 10, 2018

Day 6, Friday, August 10, 2018 - , West Forty RV Park, Gilbert, MN

Don & Anne's Site
Friday, August 10, 2018 - West Forty RV Park, Gilbert, MN, 204 Miles, 1,199.8 Miles for the Trip

We stopped at Duluth on the way to Gilbert for an oil change on Don's van. I stayed in a Menard's parking lot to wait. We had a gyro for lunch at an outdoor stand in the parking lot, then headed into the store to shop. We each bought a small mat for the outside of the trailer door, and I bought an 8' piece of 6' wide indoor/outdoor carpeting which I plan to use in the bed of the truck. I also checked for an extension for the trailer hitch so I can open the tailgate while connected to the trailer. The tailgate hits the head of the electric tongue jack by less than 1/2", so a short extension is probably the least expensive solution to the problem.

We are in the West Forty RV Park, a full hook up site for $26.84. Sure beats the price & utilities at the Michigan State Parks! A bit of a slant requiring the full lifting capability of the Anderson levelers (one under each downside wheel) and quite a bit of lifting using the tongue jack, but I didn't have to unhook. Mileage for the drive was 13.4 MPG for the day.

By the way, if you use the coordinates provided by AllStays Camp & RV, it takes you to Leo, the owner's house. He is a really nice guy, and met us at the campground, guiding us to our sites. For those heading this way, I think the campground coordinates are N 47.47412, W 092.48333, at least that is what is on my GPS display when parked at the site. It is directly off MN 37 about 1 mile west of the coordinates provided by AllStays. The photo of Don & Anne's site above shows a smoky sun, at least that is what I think is causing the haze. My site photo is at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was the remaining Chili Cheese Brats, some overgrown squash that was barely edible, and applesauce washed down with a Rose Pinot Noir wine that Anne liked, but I didn't.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment