Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Day 11, Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - Red River Exhibition Park, Winnipeg, Manitoba

The Most Unusual Boler So Far
Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - Red River Exhibition Park, Winnipeg, Manitoba, 31.2 Miles, 1,571.6 Miles for the Trip

We had a pleasent, but bumpy trip to the Red River Exhibition Park & The Boler 50th Rally. The loop road around Winnipeg was especially lumpy, but we are here with everything intact. We checked in without problems, and are in our sites, parked with the doors facing each other. Dry camping, and it is hot. The fan is running full speed, keeping the trailer liveable, but it is better sitting outside in the breeze, which is strong enough to make my awning automatically retreat. At least I now know that the auto feature is working!

After setting up we headed for the local Walmart to pick up a few supplies. Blueberries were on sale, so I bought enough to make a pie that we will share with some of the other trailers next door. The top cover of the blueberry containers doesn't fit all that well. Have you ever seen an entire pint of blueberries spill through the bottom of the shopping cart, onto the floor, and under the feet of a couple of shoppers? I have...

I made an early round of some of the trailers. There are enough that it will be impossible to get photos of everyone, so I'll just catch what I can. I did have to take a photo of a beautifully restored 1969 Camero convertible, since I had one when I finished up my tour in Tacoma after Viet Nam.

I don't know how well I'm going to be able to post photos and web pages. While the tower is about 50' from my trailer, I have 4 bars & -86dBm on the Bell network, the data rate is too slow to use a speed test, and it took over 1/2 an hour to load 26 photos, including one that I had to reload after we got back from shopping that took 4 tries. I tried connecting to Verizon to see why I am getting an ad to buy .5GB slices of high speed data when they both told me & texted me that my US limits applied to use here in Canada. I even chatted with a Verizon rep at 6:00AM this morning (about the only time the internet was moving at all) and he confirmed that I had full coverage. Right now I have been watching the Verizon home page trying to load for the last 15 minutes.

I finally contacted Verizon chat using my iPhone, and after 2 hours "chatting" with Miguel for 2 hours, got switched to the secont tier help. Not sure what they did, but I now have usable service.

We went to the opening ceremonies, and wandered around looking at more trailers during the early evening. More photos will eventually appear on a page dedicated to the Boler Rally, but not until I have time to put it together. I hope to get one together later tonight.

Dinner was a wrap at a food truck. Too hot to cook, at least that ws our excuse.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment