Saturday, January 20, 2018

Day 169, Saturday, January 20, 2018 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 62

The Big Tent
Saturday, January 20, 2018 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 62, 0 Miles, 3,746.2 Towing Miles For the Trip

Our warm weather went away. Only 59°F today, lots of clouds, and, during the afternoon, a bit of rain. I did wander over to the Big Tent & picked up a battery watering system. This will make it easier to keep the batteries under the rear seat of the Escape up to level. The Tadi Brothers came through with a donated rear view system for my mentioning them in one of my posts & adding them to my supplier's page. Since I don't charge to list suppliers (I do it as a favor to anyone looking for "stuff", although Google is probably faster & easier) but I appreciate the camera. I plan to add it to the front of the Tacoma for off roading. The high hood makes it difficult to see just where your front end is.

I did find some 9'X12' Kokopelli mats to replace my worn one, but the design has changed. Of course, I prefer the old one, but all three booths that have them (all at the same $) have the same new version. I didn't pick one up today since I already had about as much as I could carry, but will pick one up on the next visit.

As usual, most of the booths in the big tent are the usual state fair type - cookware, hot tubs, cell phone accessories, etc. There are a number of campground & state information booths, and maybe 20% actual RV related booths.

I also picked up a Bogart solar controller. I may wait until I get home to install it, but I want to get rid of the GoPower controller located under the passenger side seat. It is difficult to view; the Bogart controller sends the solar information to my Bogart battery monitor, which is mounted in an easy to see location over the stove hood.

I drove to the campground entrance station to see if there was any information of what effect the government shutdown had here at the Long Term Visitor Area. The station is closed, with a sign stating it is closed until further notice. There is another sign listing the locations of the local commercial water fill & dump stations. I didn't drive out to the dump station at La Posa South, but I suspect it & the water fill stations are closed.

Dinner was a chicken & mushroom pot pie.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment