Friday, January 5, 2018

Day 154, Friday, January 5, 2018 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 47

The Big Tent is Up
Friday, January 5, 2018 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 47, 0 Miles, 3,740.2 Towing Miles For the Trip

A warm night and even warmer morning. During the walk for coffee, the big tent was still only the main poles. After eating breakfast & reading for a bit, I stuck my head outside the trailer & the tent was up. I don't know how they do it as fast as they do, but at least the shell is in place.

I did a bunch or reading of blogs, journals & forums, as well as some of David Brin's last book in the new Uplift trilogy. It was a beautiful day, although one had to sit in the shade - too much sun. It was 72°F around 3:00. That was about it for the day, although I did step outside to catch a photo or two of an Ultra Light paraglider going by. Images at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was the left over pieces of baked chicken & asparagus, along with a couple of spoonfuls of cottage cheese. This brings up 2 interesting problems. First, I don't know how you eat asparagus, although I suspect you are suppose to cut it into 1" long bite size pieces & fork them into your mouth. Well, my method is to steam them whole, in 6" long pieces for about 5 minutes so they are still slightly crunchy, then pick up the stalks one at a time (usually with a fork) and pop them into your mouth. Well, if you are missing one of your front teeth, that doesn't work all that well. The stalk of asparagus always manages to slide into the missing tooth space so you can't bite a piece off. It is frustrating, but eventually you learn to slide it to the sides.

The second problem, although not new or connected to my missing tooth, deals with how many glasses of wine are in a bottle. Using the fancy, but plastic wine glasses I carry, 4 seems like the right amount, as does the amount of buzz you get from the glass. The problem is no matter how hard I try, when pouring the third glass there isn't enough left over for a fourth, but a bit too much for a third. Not wanting to waste good wine, my third glass always seems to be more than it should be. Since I won't be driving after dinner, it doesn't really matter, but you would think that I could get it right! I'm probably telling you all this because of the extra wine!

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment