Friday, December 29, 2017

Day 147, Friday, December 29, 2017 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 40

Friday, December 29, 2017 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 40, 0 Miles, 3,740.2 Towing Miles For the Trip

Another quick breakfast day, in fact, I even set an alarm on my phone for 8:00AM. I got a call as I was going out the door asking if I could arrive early - they had a cancellation. Unfortunately, they though I lived in Parker, not Quartzsite, 32 miles further south. I did arrive at 10:25 for a 10:45 appointment, but still had to wait until 11:15 to be seen. Must be official dentist & doctor policy!

So, $1800.00 later, I have a second implant with a temporary post, and, this time, a "Flipper", a temporary bridge that puts a tooth in the hole where the broken one was removed. The permanent "tooth" can't go in until April, giving the implant time to meld with the bone. The advantage of having the lab upstairs from the dental office is they only took an hour to make the flipper. Unfortunately, the flipper is only cosmetic - I have to remove it to eat. After dealing with it, I am glad I've gone the route of implants rather than bridges, even though the implants are quite a bit more expensive. The dentist in Havasu complemented my home town dentist in choosing a Zimmer implant. Evidently, there are a number of less expensive implants that use non compatible threads. Never though I'd be learning so much about teeth!

I stopped at a couple of grocery stores on the way home looking for Jif Cashew butter. I did find another brand, but none of the stores in either Parker of Lake Havasu City have the Jif brand, which I like. We will see what I think of Sam's Choice Cashew Butter the next time I need it - I used up the Jif making dinner.

On the way home I stopped at Quiet Times to pick up a couple of packages. I have Amazon Prime, so 2 day shipping is free, but since they are shipped to Quiet Times, there is at least a $2.00 charge per package. Still well worth it - waiting at the Post Office to hit the one hour window they have for general delivery each day is something I can do without.

Dinner, if fact, all meals for the next couple of days, needs to be soft. So, tonight I had a couple of grilled Monterey Jack & & peanut for one & cashew butter sandwiches for the other. I know, peanut butter & grilled cheese is a Vermilye exclusive, but you should try it!

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment