Sunday, April 30, 2017

Day 182, Sunday, April 30, 2017, Jonestown KOA, Jonestown, PA

Site 67
Sunday, April 30, 2017, Jonestown KOA, Jonestown, PA, 135.3 miles, 8,268.3 Miles For the Trip

Since I didn't have all that far to go, and I wanted to avoid the morning traffic (even though it is a Sunday), I hung around the campground until 10:30. An interesting thing in the site across from me. The group of college aged kids left early, and another group moved in, used the site for a couple of hours, then left. Since the check out time is 12:00, I guess they can get away with it.

An all interstate drive with some heavy traffic, even some stop & go, but I arrived at the Jonestown KOA at 1:00. I'm in site 67, a full hookup site for $50.00. Expensive, like all KOA's, but I am used to stopping here since it is one of the few campgrounds in the area that is open in October when I'm heading west. Still, at $50.00 for one night, I better start looking for an alternative. It is wreaking my campground average, which is currently at $17.55, a bit higher than my usual winter travels. Too much time in California & Arizona, and not enough in the LTVAs!

The weather was much more comfortable, in the mid 70's. I sat outside and read most of the afternoon, then headed for the shower.

Dinner was an Amy's Bowl - Broccoli & Cheddar Bake. As usual, an excellent one person meal.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment