Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Day 164, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, Edgar Evins State Park, TN, Day 4

Wednesday, April 12, 2017, Edgar Evins State Park, TN, Day 4, 0 Miles, 7,417.1 Miles For the Trip

Another day without pictures. The weather couldn't be better - temperatures in the 70's and clear skies. I took my garbage to the dumpsters. While not that long a walk, you gain a couple hundred feet of altitude on the way. It is also the location of the laundry - $1.50 to wash & $1.00 to dry. I don't have enough for a load, although I might by the time I leave on Sunday.

After lunch I drove to Smithville to do some shopping & get a tank of propane. The propane was at Tractor Supply; at $2.59 per gallon, some of the least expensive of the trip. I couldn't find a large grocery store, so I stopped at the Walmart Supercenter. Of course I ended up buying more than I really needed. I replaced a very worn 2 quart saucepan, my remote meat thermometer I use to tell the temperature in my Dutch oven, and enough frozen stuff that I had to eat half a pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream just to make room.

That was about it for the day. I finished Martin Cruz Smith's Havana Bay, and started a P. D. James mystery - Cover Her Face. I asked one of the rangers why is seems all the Tennessee parks have WiFi, but no internet. He said the same company installed the system over the last 4 years in all the parks, but didn't do the outside connections. They are currently installing a 1Gig fiber run to the campground, but it isn't finished.

Dinner (besides the ice cream) was cheese & crackers - I had a big lunch. I thought about going to the park's restaurant for dinner some night. It is a long drive, but only a mile hike on a trail between it & the campground. Glad I checked since it is closed for the season!

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. Sounds to me like that was really good planning. Any excuse to HAVE TO eat Ben & Jerry's is the result of good planning!!!

    ReplyDelete