Saturday, April 22, 2017

Day 173, Friday, April 21, 2017, Townsend KOA,Day 3


Around the Campground
Friday, April 21, 2017, Townsend KOA,Day 3, 0 miles, 7,599.1 Miles For the Trip

A very warm night - it was in the 70's for most of it, but no rain. After breakfast I wandered around, stopping to talk to oth
er fiberglass owners, then decided to go to Maryville for the pie makings. On the way I stopped at the Bronco rally, something that seems to happen at the same time as the fiberglass rally. Lots of Ford Broncos in all kinds of shape, some are amazing for 50 year old vehicles. I took a few photos of some of the trucks, all the photos I did for the day.

I did stop by the office to make reservations for next year. Assuming that I'll be returning from Arizona or Texas around the same time, the rally makes a good stop along the way. Evidently, many others had the same idea. I wanted one of the more "polished" sites that have patios, etc and there were only 3 left. I'll be in site 55, a full hookup site for the same price as my water & electric site (they give a special price for the rally).

Today is the first "official" day of the rally, so I'll take some photos & add them to the page, as well as start a separate rally page. I didn't get everyone - it is raining, so I only made a quick round.

After getting back from the Maryville Walmart I started the first blueberry pie. I set up the toaster oven outside on the picnic table - too hot to cook inside. It looks like rain, so after cooling the pie outside for an hour I moved it inside. I hope the rain holds off long enough to cook dinner. I plan to use the toaster oven to bake a Amy's enchilada dinner on the picnic table. It is under the awning, but if the wind kicks up I will need to take in the awning, and an electric toaster oven doesn't do well in the rain!



Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment