Wednesday, January 27, 2016

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 70

Wednesday, January 27, 2016, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 70, 0 Miles, 4,046.3 Miles for the Trip

I woke up at 5:00AM & since I was up, thought about taking a photo of the 5 aligned planets that are visible just before dawn. Only problem is the moon is still too bright to get a good photo. I hope the alignment will hold after the moon gets closer to new.

After breakfast I finished rewiring Mel's RV so he would have lights on the left side. While it required drilling some new holes in the cabinets, we managed to add a new, fused supply to bypass the thermal circuit breaker that failed (and we can't find).

After that I had another couple of rescues, one successful & one not. Glenda's macerator stopped working. I found a blown 20 amp fuse - she said that it had jammed when it stopped & that seems to be what blew the fuse. The not so successful was Wendy's refrigerator. It wouldn't stay on after running out of propane. I pulled the heater cover & watched the starting process. The igniter lit the flame, but as soon as she took her finger off the start button, it went out. I suspect either the flame detector or the circuit board, but since I don't have any experience with modern 3 way refrigerators, she will be heading for a Dometic service dealer.

After getting back to my trailer, I sat out and read most of the afternoon. A beautiful day with temperatures in the high 60's & less wind than the last couple of days.

Dinner was a grilled Turkey Bubba Burger.

Until tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. I too tried to photograph the planets the other night(early morning...) and decided it would be a lost cause..maybe a "sliver" moon might be the ticket...take care..Horst sends

    ReplyDelete