Wednesday, January 20, 2016

La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 63

Wednesday, January 20, 2016, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 63, 0 Miles, 4,046.3 Miles for the Trip

After breakfast I did my usual blog & forum reading, then drove to Blythe to refill a bunch of prescriptions. Unfortunately, 2 of them won't be ready until tomorrow, so I'll have to go back. I went to Ace Hardware & picked up a flagpole the I can use for my glowing ball. at $7.00 just a bit less expensive than the $120.00 pole at the big tent. Of course it isn't as adjustable or, for that matter, built as well, but it will work. I also bought a LED tree. I've never seen one before - bare branches with different color LEDs at the end of each branch. I adapted it to run on a USB cord, so I can power it with a 12V adapter.

The Smart & Final grocery store in Blythe had blueberries on sale so I bought enough to make a pie. After getting them back to the campground I discovered they looked a bit long in the tooth, but made a pie anyway. It was a chance to experiment with the Dutch Oven as a baking oven. While it cooked, it is a bit strange looking. It didn't brown any where near as usual; we will find out what it tastes like after dinner.

Speaking of dinner, since I already had the Dutch Oven out & hot, I cooked up a couple of chicken burritos.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment