Wednesday, January 22, 2014

La Paz County Park, AZ, Day 17 & The Quartzite RV Show

The "Big Tent" - Quartzite RV Show
Wednesday, January 22, 2014, La Paz County Park, AZ, Day 17 - 0 miles 4,878.8 For the Trip

I decided today would be a good day to drive to Quartzite to see the RV show. For those that haven't heard about it, during the last two weeks of January the population of Quartzite expands by many thousands, a large tent is set up, and hundreds of vendors gather to sell "stuff". Between the RV Show & Rock & Gem shows running concurrently, there are thousands of booths located throughout the city. Some photos of the show at today's LakeshoreImages page.

While driving towards the Big Tent area I saw 3 Oliver Fiberglass trailers, so I stopped to take a look at them. I met Larry Harmon & his wife Betty who are showing the trailers for Oliver. They have 2 of the new 2014 22' trailers and a 2008 17'. Larry & Betty have a website at Mountainborn.com, and an interesting blog. There are a couple of photos of the Oliver trailers at today's LakeshoreImages page.


By the way, Oliver officially launched their new website today. They also have a Facebook Page.

After that it was on to the Big Tent. Traffic was a zoo, particularly as you got close to the tent. I parked away from it & walked. Saw lots of stuff, and actually bought something - a camp chair that includes a small table. I have gotten tired of balancing my plate, drink, etc on my lap while sitting in my regular chair. While it is more comfortable than most, has the advantage that it has a "hood" that can be raised to provide shade, and it folds into a fairly small package, the problem is no table or cup holder. Of course, like the TV, I'm going to have to find a place to store it when I'm not using it - always a problem with a small trailer!


Much of the BLM land around Quartzite is open to camping - there are 14 day free sections, 14 day areas with access to dump & water stations for $40.00, and Long Term camping for 6 months for $180.00. All of it is dry camping without bathrooms, showers, etc. I included a panorama of the Hi Jolly area, one of the free 14 day campgrounds at today's LakeshoreImages page.  The linked larger photo of the Panorama is fairly large - (742K).


I got back to the campground around 3:30, finished my 1100 page book, Robert Jordan's A Memory of Light (the final book of the Wheel of Time series). Dinner was the rest of yesterday's grilled chicken breast (yes, it was large enough for two nights!) as a sandwich.

Until tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. The new Oliver is quite a nice trailer!!! Would love to have one but the $ is also quite high!! We'll just have to keep enjoying our Casita...LoL
    Enjoy the fun at Quartzite!!

    ReplyDelete