Friday, January 24, 2014

La Paz County Park, AZ, Day 19 & Hummingbirds

Hummer
Friday, January 24, 2014, La Paz County Park, AZ, Day 19 - 0 miles 4,878.8 For the Trip

Today was all about birds. The first of them were a couple of Osprey, not the feathered kind, but the Boeing V22 type. While I've read about them, both good & bad, this is the first time I've seen them fly. I was in Parker at the Safeway getting some milk & snacks, and heard an unusual helicopter sound. Having spent a year in Viet Nam where the sound of incoming helicopters was a welcoming sound, I still seem to be tuned to the sound of rotor blades. Looked up & there they were. Grabbed the camera and shot a few photos. Quite impressive!

V22 Osprey

After getting back to the campground, I sat out reading. Not too much wind, and a very overcast day. No individual clouds, but the sun was completely obscured. I decided to grab the camera and wait for the hummingbirds to feed. At least three different ones stopped by & I took far too many photos, but I do enjoy them. Lots more photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Since the trailer is cooler than usual this time of day because of the lack of sun, I'm going to bake a frozen chicken dinner in the toaster oven, along with steamed snap peas & mashed potatoes.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment