Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Trip to the Algonac & Niagara Wine Escape Rallies, Day 8

 Tuesday, September 12, 2023, Dalewood Conservation Area, St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - 133.7 miles, 530.6 Miles for the Trip

The rain started about as promised, but quit a bit early, at least the heavier part, around 7:00AM. We still hung out in the trailers because it was still falling off the trees over the trailers, and didn't leave the sites until around 11:00. Dumping took forever , both because there was only one station open, and the guy ahead of the Guidos was trying to set a world record for the slowest dump.

We arrived at the Dalewood Conservation Area, wandered around the park since both of us forgot how to get to where we were last year (and where we are this year). Finally settled into sites 70 (the Guidos) & 71 (me). The sites are reasonably level (I'm 1" tongue high still attached to the truck & level side to side), on grass with water & 30 amp electric (next to the trailer, a first for Ontario, CA), for $35.50 US per night. The wash rooms are just behind us and the showers in a separate building across the street next to the pool. If I was going to stay more than one night I'd move closer to the power pedestal & away from the bushes, but this was the most level part of the site & I can still get in the door.

Me in site 71

The Guidos in Site 70

While it isn't raining, it is very damp out. 69°F isn't so bad, but no sun. Don't know if we will be doing much sitting out. 

I have a good, fast connection through the Verizon cell modem to Rogers Wireless. Tried the AT&T modem, and while my AT&T phone shows data (and it is fast at 101Mbps down & 6Mbps up), the AT&T cell modem shows no data connection. My AT&T modem won't roam. I still have high speed data left on the Verizon modem and the AT&T modem picks up the US in Niagara Falls, so I will use the Verizon modem tonight.

Diner was shrimp Alfredo.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment