Sunday, September 10, 2023

Trip to the Algonac & Niagara Wine Escape Rallies, Day 3

 Thursday, September 7, 2023, Algonac State Park, Algonac, MI - 0 miles, 396.9 Miles for the Trip

Sorry for the late postings.  I did my website posts, but forgot to add them here for the last 2 days.

We had a small burst of rain overnight, but it didn't cool down all that much, 69°F by morning. After my morning walk around the campground & breakfast I read web forums & journals for a bit. I'm currently using my AT&T cell modem (a Nighthawk that is showing poor signal strength even with a set of 2 (MIMO) antennas on the roof). Speakeasy Speed Test shows 9Mbps down & 1.1Mbps up. It feels slower that the speed test indicates. I'll try switching to Verizon later today to see if it is any better.

While it started out cloudy, the sun is breaking through, and I watched two ships on the St Clair River heading to Lake St Clair. They run 24 hours a day; you can hear them slowly going by in the middle of the night. A site on the east most row would be nice for an unobstructed view of the river & boats, although the highway noise would be more annoying.

While the rally doesn't officially start until the weekend, lots of folks have already arrived. I took a few photos and will add more (and start a separate page for the rally) later.

While Verizon shows better ping, and speed (29.4Mbps down & 12.7Mbps up, it doesn't appear to be any faster, at least connecting to my ISP using Dreamweaver. After an hour or so, the Verizon connection does show some improvement.

Early Arrivals

I'll add more as the day goes on...

I spent most of the afternoon updating my credit card info for the many automatic or on file payments I have on an expiring card. Interesting that when you make an update at one organization it sometimes updates others as well. I discovered lots of other "quirks"; hopefully I won't need to make new changes for a couple of years.

We were sitting around thinking about what to have for dinner when it started to rain. Just might be another restaurant day! 

Well, it was a restaurant evening. Light rain off & on so we headed into Algonac for dinner at the Algonac Flaming Grill. I ordered veal parm, but they discovered that they didn't have any veal, so it was changed to chicken parm. The usual spaghetti with the meal, but with meat sauce. Two huge grilled chicken breasts, far more than I could eat. We even got a 10% senior discount. Cheap but editable although nothing to write home about.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment