Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Pohick Bay Trip, Day 4

 Pohick Bay Regional Park, Lorton, VA - Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 0 Miles, 450.9 Miles For the Trip

Another hot day (95°F) here in Virginia.  I did a short 20 minute walk around the campground, then headed back to the trailer for breakfast.

On the trip to the park yesterday I hit a piece of wood in the road that flipped from the next lane into my truck.  I felt it hit the undersides of both the truck & trailer.  This morning I checked the underside of the trailer.  Bad news - the wood punched a hole in the gray tank, as well as cracked it from top to bottom.  There isn't much I can do here, but I hope I'll be able to plastic weld the crack & hole once I get back to Oswego.  Until then, no gray tank use.

Ken stopped by and we sat around for much of the day.  We headed to his house around 4:00 to hang out & for a light dinner.  An interesting drive back.  We took I 95 much of the way to Alexandria going to Ken & Lorna's, and tried for the back roads coming back to the campground.  A much more pleasant drive, however a bridge was out on one of the roads just before the campground.  We turned around and waited through two rounds of a stoplight before realizing that it was not going to turn green for our turn.  Seems they shut it off on the closed road side even though there were a few houses that must have needed the light.  In any case, we eventually made a right hand turn & "U" turn to get back to the campground.

Sat around outside until the light from my Kindle attracted so many bugs that I quit & headed into the trailer.  I have the AC set at 70°F, and can't believe how cold that feels!

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment