Monday, June 28, 2021

Pohick Bay Trip, Day 3

 Pohick Bay Regional Park, Lorton, VA  - Monday, June 28, 2021, 168.9 Miles, 450.9 Miles For the Trip

Sites 31 & 32, Pohick Bay Regional Park

A reasonably uneventful drive down I81, I 83, US 15, I 495, I 95 etc.    As usual, far too much traffic for me, although we only hit stop & go once.  We arrived at the Pohick Bay Regional Park around 2:00.  My site (#31) is a bit tight for my 21' trailer, at least getting between the trees on the way in.  Of course, as I started to back in someone came along waiting to get by.  It always helps to have someone held up while you try to get into a tough site.

The site is also quite uneven, requiring 4" side to side & 12" down on the tongue to get the trailer level.  Water & electric on gravel & dirt for $54.51 per night with an $8.00 reservation fee & a Good Sam discount.

We were not expecting on site water, so I stopped at he entrance to fill the tank.  There are a few electric and water sites, and ours have both.  Anne & Guido are in site 32. 

After setting up and a shower, the friends we made the trip to visit stopped by.  Ken was TD as the Oswego Theatre Department for much of the time I was there.  He & Lorna are living in Lorton, VA.  We had a nice get together for most of the afternoon.

Dinner was Hofmann Snappy Grillers (a white hot dog), and Bush beans.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment