Monday, March 30, 2020

Day 162, Monday, March 30, 2020 - Oswego, NY (Home)

Home
A damp, off & on rain, sometimes heavy on I 81 to home. I 81 was almost empty, other than trucks. The traffic warning signs all read "Stay Home" "Don't Travel", etc. Makes you feel a bit guilty to be on the road, although with the parks closing down, heading home is about all I can do.

I arrived at the door around 2:00, without making any stops. While having a full 36 gallon tanks let you do that, I really should have taken a break or two. In any case I'm home. Overall, one of the shorter winter trips due to the Covid-19 shutdowns of the TN & VA state & national parks as well as deciding to pass on the Townsend Gathering. It is good to be home - I went through 2' of mail & only found a few bills, as well as a couple of checks which I'll need to photo deposit since my bank lobby is closed.

I unloaded the refrigerator, all the dry & canned food, a few pieces of clothes, etc, but will put off the rest of the unpacking until tomorrow. It is still raining, and a cool 44°F.

So, until the next trip, my journal will go on hold (like me, since they just announced extending the April 6 end of "No Social Gathering" to April 30th). Much easier for a retired person like me than those that want (and need) to be back at work.

Some statistics on the trip:

Total campground Cost - $2,277.90
Average campground cost - $14.06, Most expensive $57.81 at Shenandoah Valley in PA, Least expensive $0.00 at a couple of places, including Dome Rock in Quartzsite.

Total Fuel Cost - $1,687.57
Average cost of gas - $2.25, Most Expensive $3.00 in Anthem, AZ, Least Expensive - $1.50 in Rock Island, TN
Average towing MPG 12.49
Average overall MPG 12.66

Towing mileage - 7290.6
Total Overall Mileage - 9062.7

Total Propane Cost $110.16 for 41.44 Gallons

Until The Next Trip -

2 comments:

  1. Glad you arrived safe and sound... Was hoping this craziness wouldn't prevent you from getting home...Enjoyed following you, thanks for the wrap-up....time to relax and reflect...stay safe! Horst sends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon: glad you arrived home safely. I have enjoyed your blog from time to time and enjoy the daily information you post. Appreciate as well your organization and discipline in posting daily. You may not remember us but we met you at the Niagara rally a few years ago. Jim and Rosella Leis from near Stratford Ontario. I feel your blog is a resource if we ever get the opportunity to winter in the southwest. Relax, stay healthy and maybe we will meet again at a rally! Jim Leis

    ReplyDelete