Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Day 3, Natural Chimneys County Park, Mt. Solon, VA

Natural Chimneys
A beautiful sunny & warm day - almost 72°F by mid afternoon. I pulled into Natural Chimneys County Park around 1:20, and settled into Site B1, a water & electric site. Not sure what the cost is - the Campground Host will be around later to collect. The campground is usually empty this time of year, but I arrived during the week they have a Halloween party on Friday, and many sites are occupied. The sites are on grass, with the only definition of which is which is the power & water posts. Some set up East/West, others North & South. Some sites have trees, mine is open. The local weather is predicting a freeze overnight, so although it is warm now, I'll still plug in the electric heater.

The campground host stopped by - $28.44, including an extra $4.00 because I'm on a 50 amp site. Since the power pedestal has a shared 30 & a 50 amp receptacle, I don't know how you are suppose to tell the difference. In any case, I guess I'm lucky to get the site - it is reserved for tomorrow. A lot has changed since the last time I was here 3 years ago - they didn't do reservations & now they do. I've never seen anyone at the office, so I don't know how you are suppose to determine if a site is available or not, but I'm OK for the night.

I talked with my neighbor for a bit, then sat out in the sun & read. Around 4:45 I headed to the formations that park is named for. Took a few photos, then headed back to the trailer to start dinner. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a couple of Barber Foods Chicken Broccoli & Cheese frozen dinners & Tabatchnick Creamed Spinach.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment