Friday, July 22, 2016

Crown Point Campground, Crown Point, NY

Don & Anne Are Next Door
Friday, July 22, 2016, Crown Point Campground, Crown Point, NY, 224.1 Miles, 224.1 Miles for the Trip

I was up early - around 6:00AM, but still decided to skip my jog this morning - hey, I'm starting a vacation today. I puttered around with last minute packing, breakfast, etc and hit the road at 8:00AM. A pleasant drive through the Adirondacks much on NY 28, then US 9 and Bridge Road into the park. I arrived around 1:15 & set up in site 35, a dry site on grass. There is a grill & picnic table, but that is about it. The bathrooms are not too far away, and has a shower, which will be appreciated since it was 95°F when I got here, and hit 99°F by the end of the day. Now, at 7:40 it is still 87°F both in & out of the trailer.

Don & Anne arrived around 3:45, and we sat around sampling some 1000 Islands Blueberry wine. A bit sweet for me, but Anne liked it. We hung out until dinner, which was Bubba burgers & Bush Bourbon Beans.

The Champlain Memorial Lighthouse is in the park - I walked down to the lake to take a photo, and will drive to it for a better one tomorrow on the way out of the park. I also took a photo of some nice clouds over the lake. The rest of the photos are at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Until next time -

1 comment:

  1. "Starting a vacation"...I love it....Great outlook...enjoy! Horst sends

    ReplyDelete