Sunday, March 6, 2016

Oasis RV Park, Van Horn, TX

Site 20, Oasis RV Park, Van Horn, TX
Sunday, March 6, 2016, Oasis RV Park, Van Horn, TX, 239.9 Miles, 4,855.1 Miles for the Trip

Unfortunately, the light clouds around dinner time last night got heavier & heavier, and by dusk, completely overcast. I walked over to the observatory just in case, and there was a sign canceling the Star Party.

In the morning I packed up & left City of Rocks by 9:00AM, heading to Texas. As I drove through El Paso, I realized that that was one section of I10 I've never driven. I usually take US 62 & US 82 and bypass that section. After driving through El Paso on I10, I now know why! Very busy, lots of on ramps that drivers don't believe in yielding to the interstate traffic, etc. Anyhow, I made it through & reached Van Horn & the Oasis RV Park. A very old, typical "Next to the Interstate" RV park - pretty much what I like if I have to stay in a commercial campground for one overnight. A one room bathroom (with an interesting shower head - if you stop & use the one in the men's bathroom, what ever you do, don't try to tighten it to stop the spraying leak. It fell off in my hands & was difficult to thread back on.) Many would not be happy with the facilities, but they were clean, if a bit worn. They do have a pool, although I didn't use it.

Sites were $21.39 with a Good Sam discount - full hookups + cable & Free WiFi - no picnic table. Good Verizon & AT&T coverage.

I decided rather than setting up my own table (there isn't much room on the site) I'd try the Chuy's Mexican restaurant across the street. I had their #1 special, a combination of one of just about every standard Mexican restaurant item available. Far too much for me to eat everything, but very good.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment