Saturday, March 12, 2016

Grande Village Campground, Big Bend National Park, TX, Day 4

A Roadrunner
Saturday, March 12, 2016, Rio Grande Village Campground, Big Bend National Park, TX, Day 4, 0 Miles, 5,078.3 Miles for the Trip

Last night was the coolest since I've been here. Up until now it has only gone down to the high 50's, but last night the furnace came on with the early morning temperature of 38°F. Today made up for the cold morning. Beautiful clear cloudless skies & 80°F by noon. I checked my propane this morning, and one of the tanks is empty. They have a notice that filling propane at the store is by appointment, so I checked - the Texas certified propane tank filler won't be back at work until Monday morning. I have plenty left until then, but always like to fill empty tanks as soon as possible. I bought a couple of postcards to send to the grandkids & a couple of bottled ice teas. Sure is less expensive by the dozen!

After that I drove out to the Hot Spring area. The spring is about a 1/2 mile walk from the parking lot at the end of a reasonably good dirt road. It is also a 3 mile walk from the campground, but my back is bothering me enough that I'm trying to stick to short hikes. The spring is right on the Rio Grande. I took a couple of photos while on the walk, including one of a shack on the Mexican side of the river.

After that it was back to the campground, put the awning out (no wind) and relax reading in the shade. While sitting in the shade a roadrunner walked by. He or more likely, she stopped for a couple of photos.  More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I'll post this this afternoon when I go to the store for a shower. Dinner will be a Bubba Burger & refried black beans with green chiles.

Until the next internet connection -

1 comment:

  1. Cheaper by the dozen? Bottled tea or grandkids? Just being silly. Your trip diary is always interesting.

    ReplyDelete