Monday, February 8, 2016

Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 8

A Hummingbird
Monday, February 8, 2016, Dome Rock BLM Area, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 8, 0 Miles, 4,057.9 Miles for the Trip

A very busy day at Dome Rock. While my count could be way off, I made a loop around the area at 2:15 & the results were 34 Casita 17's, 3 Casita 16's, 3 Scamp 13's, 4 Scamp 16's, 1 Scamp 19, 2 Escape 17's, 4 Escape 19's, 3 Escape 21's, 1 Escape 5.0TA, 3 Olivers, 1 Trillium & 1 Clamshell of unknown brand. Since that time a Lil Snoosy, and a couple more trailers have pulled in for a total of around 68 trailers on the first official early day of the rally.

I spent most of the day talking or reading, and taking some photos of the hummingbirds at the feeder. A blimp advertizing a Peanuts movie went by so I took a photo. I did manage to break my watchband. I've worn an expansion band since high school, so even though I carry a cell phone that keeps accurate time, I'm lost without a wristwatch. I doubt I can find one in Quartzsite, so a run to the Walmart in Parker is in order. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment