Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dead Horse Point State Park

View From Dead Horse Point, UT
Sunday, June 15, 2014, Dead Horse Point State Park, UT- 60.0 miles, 10,706.8 For the Trip

Another early start - I was on the road by 8:15AM. The plan was to try for one of the non-reservable sites at Dead Horse Point State Park. This is a very popular campground with beautiful scenery, both in the campground as well as at the point, about a mile further on. Two years ago it took 3 days of trying to get a spot. Today, I checked with the entry station, and they had one open site. I'm in site 12 (one site away from where I was in 2012) for the next three days. While most of the drives are long, the park is still a good location for visits to Canyonlands & Arches. It is good that I got the spot - by 9:30 the park was filled, although one trailer left around noon & was quickly replaced.

I drove out to the point & took a few photos as well as a panorama. As usual, I saved a large 3.5MB, 10,000 pixel wide version as well as the normal images. While at the point I met an individual with a NY hat standing on the edge of the valley. We chatted, and discovered he is from Peekskill, the town in Westchester County I lived in from the age of 5 - 10. Yes, it is a small world! I love the trees here, so you are going to have to put up with lots of photos of them. Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I spent the rest of the day relaxing, reading, and a short walk to the visitor center for a "T" shirt.

Dinner will be a pulled pork sandwich & chips, with the rest of the snap peas.

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. Loved your panorama! Makes me start thinking about September and our planned 11th trip on the last 100 miles of the Green River.

    ReplyDelete