Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pioneer RV Park, Quincy, CA

Site 32, Pioneer RV Park, Quincy, CA
Sunday, June 29, 2014, Pioneer RV Park, Quincy, CA - 124.4 miles, 11,920.2 For the Trip

I continued up CA 89 after my short post this morning. A very pretty road, although not the type that makes great photographs. Lots of hills, forests, and small towns. I stopped for the day at Quincy, CA, at 5000+, one of the larger towns in the area. I did get a quick introduction to California gas prices - $4.35 per gallon earlier in the trip in a small town, and here it is $3.99.

I didn't unhook here in site 32 - it is level, and long enough for both the trailer & RAV4. $31.61 for the night - a full hookup site, although since I didn't hook up the sewer, the host gave me the water & electric price. While definitely a commercial park, the sites are large with lots of room between neighbors, and many welcome shade trees, most Ponderosa pines. I did run the AC for a bit late in the day when the inside temperature hit 96°F. I spent most of the afternoon reading 300 more pages of Burke's latest book.

Since I snacked much of the afternoon, dinner was a Southwest salad. No photos other than the site one.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment