Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Grand Tetons & Yellowstone, WY, Day 2


Today's Photo - A Mormon Barn, The Grand Tetons National Park, WY













I'm posting today's journal from the Jackson Albertsons parking lot. A good cell signal as well as a open local WiFi. An early morning - outside temperature was 37°F while it was 48 inside the trailer until I turned on the heat. A quick breakfast & it was off to see the Tetons. Although I made most of the stops along the way, my main goal for the day was to hike to Hidden Falls. It is a 3.5 mile hike mostly around Jenny Lake. A big advantage (that I took) is there is a $7.00 boat ride back that saves 3 miles of walking.

The falls is actually a cascade, and it is running very strong with the spring snow melt. Strong enough that only one of the three bridges across the stream are usable.

After the boat ride back I went to Mormon Row to photograph some of the barns that Ansel Adams made famous. I hope to get back tomorrow morning - the afternoon light was quite harsh & unforgiving, but I'm including a couple of images anyway. Check the rest of the day's photos at Today's Journal at Lakeshore Images.

After that it was off to Albertsons for dinner supplies and a few new books. I'm just about out, but my favorite authors have come through with new summer books.

Till Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment