Sunday, June 19, 2011

Capitol Reef National Park, UT, Day 2

Today's Photo -  A Mormon  One Room Schoolhouse,  Capitol Reef National Park, UT














Well, today is different. It's 4:00, and has been the first really bad day of the trip. It rained off and on lightly last night, and was around 56°F this morning when I got up around 8:00. It has been downhill since. The wind is rocking the trailer, the temperature is down to 47° and falling, and, although it sometimes clears just enough to think it is worth heading out, it starts to rain again as you open the door!

I guess I can't complain - for most of the trip I have had pretty good weather, at least for the seasons I have been traveling in. I spent most of the day catching up on reading some of my RV web pages, and adding some of the trip photos to my screensaver.

Unless the weather changes, there won't be any new photos other than a site picture added at today's Lakeshore Images Trip Page - The one above is from yesterday.

Well, I got lucky. Around 5:45 the sun came out. I jumped in the car & drove to the Hickman Bridge parking lot. There is a great view of Pectol's Pyramid from the trail to Navajo Knobs. This is a 9 mile round trip (I didn't do the whole trail!) but along the way there is a good combination of the black andesite boulders & the view of the pyramid across the Fremont River. As I said, I was lucky. By the time I got back to my car the clouds rolled in.




Till Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment