Saturday, December 29, 2018

Day 147, Saturday, December 29, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 22

Saturday, December 29, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 22 - 0 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the Trip

The coolest night so far at Quartzsite; 30°F at sunrise. It was cool enough last night that the furnace started cycling at 7:45PM. I guess I'd better check the propane tanks a bit more often with the colder weather since I may be needing a refill sooner than 12 days last tank lasted.

After my walk I fired up the water heater & did dishes. Since I'm heating the water with propane, I only fire it up when needed, doing dishes every 2-3 days rather than my usual right after eating.

Around 11:00 I headed to Parker. Nothing I really needed, mostly for something to do. Gas is quite a bit cheaper in Parker. Over the last couple of years it has always bee at least $.10 per gallon more, today, at $2.49, it is almost $.20 cheaper. There are two Colorado Indian gas stations in town that were not open last year; they may be the ones driving the prices down, but even the chain stations are cheaper than in Quartzsite.

I stopped in at the Parker Walmart & Safeway, filled up the ice chest with some stuff that is hard to find in Quartzsite, then headed back to the campground. Still a cool day at only 55°F for a high.

I managed to find my Oswego Town tax bill (includes county, fire, library, community college, & highway) on line, so I'll be able to pay it without needing to call the town clerk to get the amount. I can't complain - I get a 25% reduction for being a Viet Nam combat veteran. We have separate school & town taxes, but for New York, they are pretty reasonable.

Since I bought a sub & ate it on the way back from Parker, dinner was a salad & some cottage cheese and some tapioca pudding for dessert.


Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment