Friday, December 28, 2018

Day 146, Friday, December 28, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 21

Friday, December 28, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 21 - 0 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the Trip

So, it has been three weeks at Quartzsite. As far as I can tell, it is a bit cooler this year than last, but last year was one of the nicest since I've been in the area, so maybe this is normal. In any case, the high for today was 56°F, although last night wasn't quite as cold as the night before at 41°F.

I spent part of the day on the phone with Spectrum. My son back in Oswego is having internet problems, and since I'm the "owner" of the service, they won't talk to him. Hard to try to solve the problem a couple thousand miles from the modem & router! I did finally talk them into adding him as an authorized person, so at least he will be able to talk to them in the future.

I also talked with a friend & mentor currently retired in Florida. He fell, fractured his skull and broke his hand. As he said, getting old sucks, but so does the alternative.

I drove to La Posa South to check the dumpsters there. They also dumped them, but the roll off is still sitting there filled to overflowing. There is now a sign at the entrance to all the sections that states "Due to the shutdown, some services may not be available." So far, that only seems to be no toilet paper in the vault toilets.

I spent the rest of the day reading. Current book is Stephen King's The Tommyknockers.

Dinner was a Boston Market Orange Chicken dinner cooked in the oven. I appreciate the additional warmth of 45 minutes of baking at 350°F!

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment