Monday, December 3, 2018

Day 121, Monday, December 3, 2018 - Fort Stockton RV Park, Fort Stockton, TX

Site 25
Monday, December 3, 2018 - Fort Stockton RV Park, Fort Stockton, TX - 267.7 Miles, 7,256.4 Miles for the Trip

Well, I opened the door to the truck this morning, and it was squealing again. After packing up, I started to head to the local Ford dealer, but about 1/2 mile toward the dealer, it stopped. I hopped on I 10 and (looking hard for some wood to knock on) the squeal never came back. Maybe the truck doesn't like San Antonio? In any case, I headed northwest on I 10, stopping in Fort Stockton, TX. You know, I 10 goes forever in Texas! I still have another couple of hundred to go tomorrow.

I stopped at the Fort Stockton RV Park, just off I 10, east of the town. No road noise - this section of I 10 isn't the busiest interstate in the country. I'm in site 25, an almost level pull through on gravel with full hookups plus cable for $36.00 with at Good Sam discount. Not bad for a commercial park - they even include a picnic table. The bathrooms, laundry & Roadrunner Cafe are one row away from my site. After setting up I headed for the showers. The report? 2 large showers with large showerheads individual doors & shower curtains, a fair sized drying area with 2 hooks, no bench or shelf, but many nooks in the shower stall to hold your soap & shampoo. Not much heat, but plenty of hot water.

Speaking of heat, I gained around 2500' of altitude, and the predicted nighttime temperature is 37°F (it hit 60°F during the afternoon). I guess those warm, coastal nights are a thing of the past. I'm already running the electric heater.

Since there is a Cafe, I decided to let them cook dinner (and maybe tomorrow's breakfast). I had a catfish basket. OK, but not as good as the catfish at the Waterfront Restaurant in Matagorda.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment