Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Day 130, Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 5

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 5 - 0 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the Trip

A cloudy morning, but around 10:00 the sun came out & stayed for the day. I called the Blythe Rite-Aid to see if my prescriptions had arrived, and all were waiting.

I've finally accepted that it is better to have your doctors call in new prescriptions, even if you have refills from the same chain, let along a different one.  The druggist at the pharmacy that has the refills has to be called to release the refill to the current pharmacy.  My own doctors do that more reliably than other pharmacies. The only hassle is there are only 3 records for pharmacies at my GP, and since I am on the road, they have to keep getting rid of old ones to add a new one. There is either a book or country wide database of pharmacies - the office finds them by zip code, then confirm the address, but they can't fill a prescription unless it is in MY records, a minor hassle of on line medical records.

A 23 mile drive on I 10 into California. Even got waved through the border check station without having to tell them I was a US citizen. Picked up my prescriptions, then drove across the street to Albertson's for a few things. They had Turkey Bubba Burgers, the first grocery store of the trip that had them.

Back at the campground, a large class A RV moved in next door. While they are fairly close to the front end of my trailer, it is a better position than when they started - their original position would have blocked my solar panels during the late afternoon. This section of La Posa West is more crowded than it has been in previous years, at least for this time in the season.

It was nice and warm out - a peak of around 72°F. I enjoyed sitting out in the sun reading for much of the afternoon.

Dinner was leftover broasted chicken & potato salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment