Saturday, December 8, 2018

Day 126, Saturday, December 8, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ

La Posa West - Quartzsite
Saturday, December 8, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, 126.2 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the Trip

An uneventful drive once I got out of the Phoenix traffic. I arrived at the Quartzsite Long Term Visitor Area, La Posa West around 1:00, bought a 14 day pass, and after trying to level the trailer in a couple of spots, settled for 2nd best. I did want the driver's side of the trailer aimed South so I can tilt the solar panels that way. I didn't do that today but will tilt them when necessary. I'm in the same general area I was in last year but someone is in the spot I had then.

After setting up I sat out enjoying the 65°F weather. The nights are going down to the low 40's, but the days are sunny and warm for the near future. I'm not sure if it is too early, but I made a batch of hummingbird food & hung out the feeder. Well, in less than an hour, 3 different hummingbirds stopped by.

I am going to have to get used to living on batteries & solar. I've had too long a run with hookups! Remembering to turn off lights, limited use of the inverter, and planning to use electrical devices during peak sunshine times, and conserving water will take some adjusting.

Dinner was a sandwich & salad.

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment: