Friday, December 21, 2018

Day 139, Friday, December 21, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 14

Quartzsite Sunset
Friday, December 21, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 14 - 0 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the Trip

Unfortunately, I can't say "another nice day in Quartzsite". Heavy clouds without even a peak at the sun. I only gained about 6 amp hours, so I'm down 20 for the day. Tomorrow is predicted to be mostly cloudy - we will see. We did have a nice sunset last night.  A large 1.2MB version.

I got the tracking number for a package from my daughter, checked & it has arrived at Quiet Times (the best place to ship packages to in Quartzsite since General Delivery usually has huge lines, and FedEx & UPS don't deliver to the campground). I stopped by & picked it up. $2.00 charge by Quiet Times. 

After that it was off to the Dollar General for a blanket. It has been cold enough that I've been getting out my poncho liner and throwing it over me in the middle of the night. For those not familiar with poncho liners, they are a lightweight filled nylon camouflage blanket that we used in Viet Nam as bedding. I got so used to them that I bought a couple when I got back to the states. Expensive, but very warm, they dry quickly, and as I mentioned, very lightweight. So lightweight that they tend to slide off the bed as you move around. So, a second blanket may do the trick. At least I'm back to my Southwestern theme bedspread instead of jungle themed camouflage covering the bed.

After that stopped in the entrance office to check if I could renew my 14 day permit today. I can't without loosing a day so I'll do it tomorrow if they are open. Back at the trailer, I Skyped Karin to let her know I got the package. Found out why Skype wouldn't let me talk the other day. For some reason, permission for Skype to use the computer's microphone was turned off. I turned it on & it is working fine.

The rest of the day was spent reading and hanging around the trailer, mostly inside since it is in the low 60's without the sun.

Dinner will be an egg burrito & salad; I'm posting early while I still have some incoming solar energy.

Until Tomorrow -


No comments:

Post a Comment