Thursday, December 27, 2018

Day 145, Thursday, December 27, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 20

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 20 - 0 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the Trip

I did another walk around the campground & under I 10 for my morning exercise, then made breakfast. I tried decaf coffee, and it wasn't too bad. Back home I kept a bag of Gourmet Hotel Decaf beans from Hyman Smith's Restaurant Supply. The best decaf I've ever had. Even my daughter loved it - I'd send her a bag every once in a while, even to Botswana.

The big event for the day was going to town for to refill one of my propane tanks. It is getting pretty boring when that is a big event, but whatever. I made it 12 days on the last tank. A bit less than last year, but I have the thermostat set at 60°F rather than the 57°F I set it for last year, so the amount used seems OK.

It has cooled off. Warm & sunny this morning, at least after the sun was up for awhile (it was 39°F at 6:30AM), but clouds have moved in and it is down to 60°F at 2:45. The batteries are almost full, so I can live with the clouds, but I'd like it 10°F warmer.

I just took the trash to the dumpsters. Someone emptied them since last night. I don't know if they also did those at the main campground (La Posa South). We only have 4, and they were full, but not overflowing. The South campground has 8 & a large roll off bin, all of which were overflowing last evening. In any case, I'm glad someone is dealing with the trash.

Dinner was the same as last night; a couple of burritos made with leftover grilled chicken & applesauce. The chicken breasts I bought were the largest I've seen. Must have come from a 15 pound chicken! I only cooked one, I've had 3 meals already, and there are probably 2 more to go.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment