Sunday, December 16, 2018

Day 134, Sunday, December 16, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 9

Sunday, December 16, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 9 - 0 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the Trip

Another quiet day at Quartzsite. I walked for coffee in the morning wearing a hat, gloves, & a quilted coat at 39°F. A woman walked past me wearing shorts and a thin, sleeveless top. My excuse for being slow was that she passed me needing to move fast to keep warm! On the way back to the trailer, the sun came out & I had the gloves off & the zipper down on the coat. I know it is the same sun here as in Oswego, and only 500' or so higher altitude, but the sun in Quartzsite (and most of the West) is much hotter than back East.

After coffee & reading a few blogs & forums, I sat outside and read for most of the rest of the day. Mid afternoon was 72°F and plenty of sun. During the afternoon I phoned my son in Oswego. No snow, but it is raining. He said that so far it has been a pretty snowless winter. Of course there is still January & February! I made a Facetime call to Don & Anne, the friends I traveled with for the first couple of months of this year's adventure (my son won't do FaceTime, Skype, or anything but a basic phone...) Don & Anne are doing fine, have their Christmas decorations up, and will be heading to North Carolina for Christmas. I hung my felt Casita decoration I received from another fiberglass trailer owner a few years back, so Christmas decorating is done. I may put together a Christmas email next week, but won't be doing cards from here in the desert.

Dinner was a Turkey Bubba Burger & the last of the salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment