Sunday, December 9, 2018

Day 127, Sunday, December 9, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 2

Sunday, December 9, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the Trip

As I've mentioned in previous year's journals, this is the point where things become a bit boring. I don't plan to move for at least 2 weeks, and more likely, 6 or so. I'll still post daily. but there may not be much happening.

As to today, a Cell report: AT&T seems to be all over the place. When I arrived, it was a -81dBm signal with 1.9Mbps down & 2.5Mbps up. 10 minutes later, 18.5Mbps down & 24.2Mbps up at the same signal strength. I tried using it to read my usual web pages, and it crapped out on me more than once. Verizon, on the other hand doesn't seem to be any more reliable. This morning it was running around -72 dBm, and 37Mbps down & 19.2Mbps up, and I while I didn't have it hang up on either web pages or listening to internet radio, tonight, while posting this page it was showing 2Mbps down & 1.4Mbps up. In any case, there is good, if erratic coverage here at La Posa West.

I walked to the 76 Station for coffee this morning. Good for some exercise, and saves about 6-8 amp hours necessary to make a 4 cup pot in the trailer. They raised the price of coffee again this year. In 2016 I filled my own 24 oz mug for $.50. In 2017 is was $.75. This morning it was $1.31. Same coffee from the same container, although I do have to say it is about the best coffee in town (at least at the places I've been).

After coffee, I hung around the trailer doing some reading, Once it was warm enough (it was 44°F this morning) I sat outside. After watching the sun go from horizon to horizon, I think I'll reposition the trailer a bit. It only has to move about 20°, but right now the solar panels are aimed perpendicular to the sun in late afternoon. I'd rather have them perpendicular at noon so I catch more of the morning sun, he time that the batteries are at their lowest. I think I can just swivel the trailer, although I'll need to hook up the truck to do it. The 500 pound tongue weight is a bit much to lift & spin, unlike those with a Boler or 13' Scamp and their 100 pound tongue weight.

Dinner was a grilled boneless chicken thigh & steamed broccoli.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment