Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Day 143, Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 18

Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 18 - 0 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the

Merry Christmas!

I did my usual walk for coffee this morning. Last year they gave it away on Christmas, but this morning it was $1.09. I only filled my travel mug half way (12 ounces) since one of the suggestions from the doctor yesterday was to cut down on caffeine. I'll probably try to pick up a smaller mug. I have over a dozen buried in a closet at home, mostly give aways from organizations, but only the 24 ounce one here in Quartzsite. I guess I should actually stop drinking any coffee, but right now that feels impossible. Before retiring, there was a continuous coffee pot in the shop, and I probably went through 5-6 cups per day, I cut back after retiring to just a mug of coffee with breakfast (and, when on the road, a second 12 ounce mug during the first fuel or bathroom break). While I have no problem giving up the second mug of coffee, the breakfast one is going to be tough!

Around 11:00 I headed to Sweet Darlene's for their Christmas Turkey Dinner. Just barely OK; the various sides & salad were good, but the turkey & stuffing left a lot to be desired. I sure do miss cooking a Plainville Turkey!

Back at the trailer I called my brother Dave on Nantucket Island, my son in Oswego, and Skyped with my daughter in Oceanside, NY (they are visiting Brian's mother & family). I tried to reach Don & Anne, but no luck.

While all that was going on, I was making some corrections in this year's trip journal that I discovered paging through it putting together the Christmas newsletter.

While it is partly cloudy, the batteries are very close to fully recharged, so I may use the rest of the afternoon to update some of my RV links. Well, that's what I did. To see the updates, check the first section on the RV Links Page.

Dinner was a salad, all I wanted after being stuffed with turkey.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment