Sunday, October 22, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 7

 Sunday, October 22 2023 - Burson Campground, Hungry Mother State Park, VA , Day 4 - 0 Miles, 715.1 Miles for the trip

While lots of folks packed up and left this morning, there are quite a few still here. We are leaving on Tuesday. Not sure why - we usually leave on Monday, and I hope to schedule next year's rally for Wednesday through Monday, October 23 - 27th. We are in full hookup sites, however I'd like to move one row towards town - there is little sun beneath the trees still covered with leaves, and the next row of sites have sun most of the day (at least when the clouds are gone). No sewer connection, but there is a dump station in the park & both of us can go 5 days without dumping. 

Anne & Guido went for another trip on the "Back of the Dragon" which I passed up. Instead, I headed to Bristol, TN and the nearest Best Buy for a 2TB SS portable drive. Seems I left my previous Time Machine back up drive home. It was almost full & time for a new one, and even though the Best Buy is on the way to my next stop, I wasn't sure how easy it would be to get to with the trailer. Turns out I'm glad I took the truck alone. 

On the way back to Hungry Mother there was an accident on I81 that added 20 minutes to the trip back. While many have left, there are a few still hanging out:




Some of us are Still Here!

Dinner was a pork loin, applesauce & tortellini salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment