Wednesday, October 25, 2023

2023 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 10

 Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - Panther Creek State Park, Morristown, TN , Day 2, 0 Miles, 845.8 Miles for the trip

My site (10) is definitely on the shady side of the campground. Keeps the trailer cool at 68°F even on a sunny 68°F day. The best the solar panels could do was 120 watts (320 watts worth flat on the roof). Still, since the batteries are at 95% and I don't plan on dry camping any time soon, who cares? (I have the converter set at the lead acid setting which spends most of its time at 13.6V, and let the solar controller provide the 14.4V every once in awhile to balance the individual cells in the lithium batteries).

By the way, while there are WiFi antennas all around the campground, the system doesn't seem to be working. I remember talking with a Tennessee state park ranger a few years ago about WiFi in the parks & he said they put systems in all the parks, but never connected them to anything. Don't know if that is why there is no park WiFi here, but there isn't. I couldn't make an AT&T WiFi connection, even with the outside antennas, and only one bar of AT&T cell service. Verizon showed 7.67Mbps down & .6Mbps up. The slow upload speed might be why I couldn't load photos to my Blogger page.

I did two loops around the campground for my morning walk, then had breakfast. I spent the rest of the day sitting around, inside until it warmed into the 60's, then outside hopping back & forth between the sun & shade.

Dinner was a Knoor Alfredo side with a bunch of shrimp thrown in.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment